Optimists live longer. Speaking of living longer-a recent study shows both men and women in the US are now living longer.
- Foods that help lower cholesterol: fatty fish, walnuts, oatmeal, and oat bran, and foods fortified with plant sterols or stanols. Green tea may also lower your bad cholesterol.
- Gentle and regular exercise can help fibromyalgia and arthritis patients get their lives back
- Fibromyalgia symptoms: Muscle aching all over or at specific points (neck, back, knee, shoulder); multiple tender/trigger pints (11/18 locations). Risk factors include other inflammatory diseases (lupus, Sjogren's, rheumatoid arthritis). female (80% women), ages 20-50. No known cause.
- Vibration may help with muscle stiffness, shaking and sleep in Parkinson's patients. Charcot and later Tourette found that vibration helped many Parkinson's patients but this fact was lost as a possible treatment later. A recent study in Germany found significant positive benefits. Tremor and rigidity scores improved by 25 and 24% with whole body vibration (WBV)
- Thunder God Vine (Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F) may help with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Mediterraean Diet plus exercise-may help keep Alzheimer's at bay.
- Psoriasis may be treated at home with Ultraviolet lamps.
10 Things Not to Do with Swine Flu
- Don't expect a season flu shot to protect against swine flu.
- Don't expect a face mask to protect you.
- Don't hold or attend a swine flu party
- Don't forget planning
- Don't forget to clean with household disinfectants
- Don't get complacent
- Don't panic
- Don't leave home if you have flu like symptoms
- Don't rush to the ER. The CDC recommends a trip for any of the following- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen, Sudden dizziness, Confusion, Severe or persistent vomiting, Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough. Having a high fever for more than three days is another danger sign, according to the WHO.
- If you are a parent, don't forget to teach your kids swine flu protection
Risk Factors For Osteoporosis:
- Lactose intolerance
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Beast cancer
5 common causes of pelvic pain
- Uterine Fibroids
- Menorrhagia (vaginal bleeding)
- Uterine prolapse
- Chronic Pelvic pain.