OFFICE HOURS NOTICE:
- I will be closed the normal office hours on SATURDAY, February 26th, 2011. I will be in the area so if you need to be seen in the evening, contact my cell number at (770-3155). I will be tied up from 9 AM to 5 PM at a seminar and I haven't figured out my voice mail yet so just call me after 5 PM.
HEALTH CARE NEWS
- A study reported in the American Pain Foundation, Pain Monitor notes that flat feet may contribute to knee pain and ostearthritis in the knee in older adults.
- Calcium and Vitamin C supplements may help protect against diabetes.
- Increased consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids may help ward off macular degenration.
- Pomegranate may help stop metastasis of prostate cancer.
- Folic acid reduces hot flashes.
- Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) luecone, isolucine and valine intake show an inverse relationship to being overweight or obese.
- The polyphenols in blue berries may have the ability to combat high blood sugar, obesity, bad blood lipid profiles, hyper tension, insulin resistance and diabetes, in addition to its anti-cancer fighting agents.
- Ginger's compounds have been linked to providing relief for dozens of issues: cough, bronchitis and upper respiratory infections; migraines, motion and morning sickness, rheumatoid arthritis, pain from surgery, gas, loss of appetite, diarrhea, upset stomach and somache ache, colic, and nausea from chemotherapy. It also helps with inflammation. Fresh is better than dried.