- We will be closed Saturday-Monday Labor Day Weekend (September 3-5). If you have an emergency, please call 911.
- Dr. Riggs will be completing Laser certification in October. He will be a CLP (certified laser practitioner) when he completes his last course. The only one in the area.
- Dr. Riggs is also re-entering the orthopedics postgraduate program at Palmer with a targeted test date of fall 2012. He completed two years previously and has to complete the 3rd year. This will give him advanced credentials in chiropractic orthopedics (non-surgical orthopedics).
- Rhodiola helps combat the effects of excess cortisol (stress hormone). Excess cortisol can supress immunity; cause hypertension, hyperglycemia, insulin resistance, carb craving, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes (adult onset), fatty necks, faces and bellies, decreased libido and bone loss. It is akin to taking steroids frequently.
- Too little or too much sleeping may affect cognitive decline (outside the 6-8 hour range).
- Olive oil intake is linked to lower stroke risk.
- Resveratrol's anti-inflammatory and anti-aging capabilities shows potential in anti-aging. Grapes and red wine.
- Obesity leads to liver disease.
- Trazadone and pregabalin combined improve fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Men are at risk for osteoporotic fractures but about 10 years later than women. Men suffering hip fractures in the 76-84 age range do not fare too well-1/3 dying within a year. Low body weight, advancing age, and smoking increase the risk. Most fractures occur after age 70.
- Risk for hip fracture increases if hormone replacement therapy is discontinued.
- Jogging wins out in beating belly fat over resistance training