Dr. Riggs completed the remaining requirements for chiropractic board eligibility in October and hopes to take the exam next fall.
NOVEMBER OFFICE HOURS:
We are going to take a slight mini-vacation during Thanksgiving week. We are going to visit family in Mississippi. Our office hours will be as follows:
OPEN: MONDAY-TUESDAY: (November 21-22). We are going to try to close at 4:00 PM on 21st.
CLOSED: WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY. (November 23-26)
RE-OPEN: MONDAY (November 28)
- Magnesium was found to help protect against diabetes (Type II) risk in a meta-analysis.
- Chondroitin sulfate improved hand arthritis in a clinical trial (Arthritis & Rheumatism).
- Lifestyle interventions (DASH diet, supplements Q10 & Potassium) are viable alternatives to lower blood pressure without drugs (Journal of Clinical Hypertension).
- Doubling vitamin D could add 2 years to life expectancy (European Journal of Clinical Nutrition). Current vitamin D recommendations are inadequate for African-Americans in another study.
- Reduced cognitive function and brain volume are associated with lower levels of B12 (Neurology).
- Squalamine found in sharks may help lower liver viruses.
- Low levels of CoQ10 are associated with 790% increase in risk of melanoma metastasis (Journal of American Academy of Dermatology).
- Curcumin (anti-inflammatory spice) shows promise in reducing neck and head tumor growth (Clinical Cancer Research).