- Alzheimer's: 6th leading cause of death in the aging. Research at MIT has found a form of magnesium that targets factors involved in the onset of Alzheimer's. Magnesium-L-threonate.
- Inflammatory Joint Damage: Stanford scientists have found that osteoarthritis has the same pro-inflammatory immune factors as involved in rheumatoid arthritis. The drugs used to combat this inflammation, such as prednisone, may result in complications including obesity, diabetes and osteoporosis. A form of undenatured type II collagen (UC-II) when combined with Boswellia serrata (found also in Osteobiflex-glucosamine + 5 Loxin) and glucosamine sulfate and boron.
- Controlling after-meal (postprandial) blood sugar surges. Such surges, especially after a high carbohydrate meal, can creat a diabetic-like state in your body lasting for hours and causing some damage. The enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase detrimentally stimulates this process. Chlorogenic acid (gree coffee bean extract) targets this enzyme and can blunt the post-meal blood sugar surges by almost 1/3. You can also reduce the blood sugar drops in several wasy
- Plant extracts-propolmannan, irvingia, white ean, green tea, cinnamon.
- Optimizing DHEA levels
- Healthy lifestyles-Mediterranean diet, avoid dietary sugars, exercise, calorie restriction (1400-1800 calories per day or less -hard to do).
- Anti-diabetic drug metformin
- In men, testosterone levels can reduce insulin sensitivity. Optimal free testosterone in more youthful ranges.
- Olive leaf extract (oleuropein)- appears to modulate arterial stiffness affecting blood pressure.
- Thumb osteoarthritis: mobilization increased pain pressure threshhold but did not increase muscle function.