It's been a busy spring for me and I have not been able to get on to post anything. I just completed a 3 day seminar on impairment rating and will be doing worker's compensation evaluations for the state once I pass the exam. One of my articles was published on 2/23/13 in Chiropractic Economics on median nerve entrapments and the other on radial and ulnar entrapments is pending publication. I'm working on a Mind Map review book for chiropractic orthopedics boards and a martial arts book. I'm also teaching an online class on health sciences and a noon martial arts class two days a week.
- Locally, there has been a 13.2% increase in Motor Vehicle Accidents in the area.
- The Mediterranean diet is considered one of the most heart healthy dies out there. It's also a sensible way to lose weight.
- Fenugreek, used as season in the Middle East and Egypt, has good evidence supporting its ability to lower blood sugar after a meal. It may also increase good cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad triglycerides. Some studies have also found it may help with acid reflux. With diabetes reaching epidemic proportions, controlling blood sugar is important.
- Pradaxa (digibatran), a new blood thinner, may be more effective and safer than warfarin.
- Intense acupuncture is promising for Bell's Palsy rehabilitation.
- Medical futures: 3D printing may be a booming business area. They have already been able to print an ear.